Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Preparing for a New Year....

Every year brings good and bad to all of us...and I have been fortunate to explore new places, meet new friends and learn new things in 2011!  There have been hard times for those close to me too, and the loss of my best friend Mizar left a hole in my heart that little Smee, the Norwegian Forest kitten, is slowly helping to heal.  2012 brings many promises of new adventures...and many more Pet Portraits to paint!!  And I have two shows beginning the New Year.  I am very pleased to have been accepted into Randolph's Chandler Gallery's theme show "The Chair" with a proposal for a 3D found object/mixed media piece, incorporating a pet portrait, that will appear in these pages soon!  Then in February I will be filling Montpelier's City Center with many of my works; old, new and in between!  So much to look forward to and still so much to accomplish in 2011!  For now I wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year and close with one more photo of Mizar, posing for a Christmas card in 2004, just five years old! 
Thank God for Dogs! 

2 comments:

Martha C. Hall said...

Sounds like 2012 will be off to a great start! Congratulations on your upcoming shows. I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Christine Hartman Art said...

Thanks Martha! I really want to see your work in person too...I can't believe the web does it justice, even though it always looks so incredible! Happy New Year!