Saturday, September 28, 2013

Busy, busy!


Fall is officially upon us, and the mornings have been frosty!  I recently delivered this glowing portrait of Moxie to her loving family and freed up some time to work on pieces for my upcoming Exhibit at the Barre Opera House this November!  Maybe my work will be hanging when Mavis Staples performs there....wonder if she has any pets...either way, I can't wait to see that great lady belt it out!    As for freeing up time, I am also blogging at Cow Cab Tales and creating promotional material for Montpelier's new Capital Cab & Car Service (aka: Cow Cab, due to her unique design).  And I am very excited to announce that I will be part of a pop up art gallery October 4 from 4 - midnight during Montpelier's Art Walk.  The exhibit is designed to reflect on Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which happens every October.  This happening will include Art, Poetry, Music and performance art including a 10:30 performance by friend and fellow artist James Secor on the Chora!  Can't explain it....you'll just have to come and check it out!  This theme does not fall in my pet portrait genre, and I will be showing an older Mixed Media piece from my Emotional Boundaries series, which has never before been exhibited in Central VT.  The fog is now lifting on another crisp fall day and I wish anyone reading this a Happy Harvest Season!  Hope to see you at Montpelier Art Walk! 

No comments: