Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blogging on a Blustery day...

It's a fabulous day to stay inside!  I just finished sending some information to the Montpelier Arts Collective for our new facebook page.  We hosted a Meet and Greet & Open Mic Monday 2/28 at the Unitarian Church and had a great turn out.  This organization could be the ticket to putting Montpelier on the map for visual arts to go with the fine reputation for musical events that it has been building over the last few years.  My mind is working overtime on ideas for this exciting new venture and I have to reign myself in to focus on my own...PET PORTRAITS! I recently finished a painting of a very cute Jack Russel Terrier that was donated to the VT Arts Council's auction to benefit the VT Food Bank. (the painting was donated, not the dog....)  I have a whole ark full of animals lined up on the drawing board, so stay tuned to my pet page for more portraits of people's wonderful and varied pets.  I hope my readers are all staying warm today and walking their dogs, monkeys, pot bellied pigs with care. Remember, road salt is very hard on your pet's sensitive paws, so give them a nice warm foot bath when you get home and they will thank you for it!   Enjoy!!

No comments: